Posted: January 9, 2018
Employment Type: Part-Time Salary
Position Location: Harrisburg, PA
Application Process: Email resume to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 26, 2018 (5pm EST)
The Feel Your Boobies® Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit breast cancer organization that promotes proactive breast health in young women through strategic education & outreach programs. The Feel Your Boobies® Foundation is currently seeking an Manager of Operations & Community Engagement to work directly with the Executive Director. The person in this role will be responsible for completing and improving the Foundation’s operations as well as implement community engagement strategies.
- Build relationships with existing donors/sponsors and assist in sponsor targeting.
- Create and implement the following:
- Volunteer training & management program to create deeper relationships with engaged supporters and enable the Foundation to increase visibility in the community.
- Communications strategy & implementation plan related to email newsletters, social media, and identified sponsors with the goal of better sharing our mission and successes.
- Event planning and implementation tasks for annual fundraising events.
- Participate in day to day operational functions of the Foundation to help identify improved processes and assist in geographic expansion efforts.
- Update website content seasonally for relevant upcoming events, etc.
- Attend Foundation Board Meetings, campus events, and other community events as needed.
- Represent the Foundation at events by presenting about its mission and programs.
- Excellent verbal, communication, and management skills.
- Experience with public speaking and media relations.
- Proficient in MS office applications such as Word, Excel, and Power Point, as well as the use of cloud based file sharing applications such as Google Drive. Experience with updating website content a plus.
- Experience using social media platforms and email campaign platforms.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, open communication style.
- Candidates should be able to self-direct, be a self-starter, and work well from home. Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment with shifting priorities is a MUST.
- This person in this role will be expected to work in our Harrisburg office with flexibility to work from a home office based on an agreed upon schedule.
- 5+ years of work experience in a non-profit management position. Ideal positions are those having a high degree of internal/external client facing communications with team & project management experience.
- Previous experience working with fundraising & grant writing a bonus!
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.