In 2017, Bras Across Campus is going National -- AND WE NEED YOUR HELP!
What is Bras Across Campus?
Bras Across Campus is an interactive fundraising event hosted by student organizations as part of our College Outreach Program. In 2016, we piloted this event model in Pennsylvania with two main goals: 1) increase student engagement with the "feel your boobies" message, and 2) create a fundraising event to support the expansion of our College Outreach Program. We believe that peer-to-peer reminders work best, and Bras Across Campus is designed to engage students to be the reminder that could save someone's life. Imagine hundreds of donated bras strung together and paraded across campus held by students...now THAT'S a fun way to share the "feel your boobies" reminder.
Student chairs on each campus gained leadership experience by planning and executing a breast health promotion event. Each chair enlisted a committee of students to help with bra collection & fundraising efforts....AND IT WAS A HUGE SUCCESS! We reached thousands of young students with our message and raised over $7,000 to help expand our educational programming! Top fundraisers on each campus won Feel Your Boobies swag...which of course is always a big hit!
Apply Now to be in the 2017 Pilot!
Feel Your Boobies will provide training materials, support, tabling kit, and all the resources you need to host Bras Across Campus. On your end, to determine if your schools is a good candidate to participate in our National Bras Across Campus Pilot, you should be able to do the following before the end of the 2016 school year:
- Identify a Bras Across Campus student chair & faculty/adult advisor before the end of the 2016 school year.
- Participate in a Bras Across Campus Information Session call with a Feel Your Boobies Representative.
- Anchor a date in October 2017 for a Bras Across Campus rally.
2017 Bras Across Campus Application
Why participate? Well that's simple.
There are plenty of good reasons why your school should participate, and here are just a few.
- Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in women under 35.
- Over 70% of women find their own lumps not by formal self-breast exams but by simply "feeling their boobies" (basic breast awareness).
- Women under 40 are not formally screened for breast cancer, so knowing their body is the #1 way to determine if a change occurs.
- Starting the habit of knowing your breasts at a young age, helps ensure that women will continue this life-saving habit as they get older.
- FEEL YOUR BOOBIES IS THE ONLY NATIONAL NON-PROFIT THAT FOCUSES 100% ON BREAST HEALTH EDUCATION IN WOMEN UNDER 40. Your support allows us to continue our work
- And, perhaps most importantly, our College Outreach Programs has saved lives...read Laura's story below.