In 2017, Bras Across Campus® is going National -- AND WE NEED YOUR HELP!
What is Bras Across Campus®?
Bras Across Campus® is an interactive fundraising event hosted by student organizations as part of our College Outreach Program. In 2016, we piloted this event model in Pennsylvania with two main goals: 1) increase student engagement with the "feel your boobies" message, and 2) create a fundraising event to support the expansion of our College Outreach Program. We believe that peer-to-peer reminders work best, and Bras Across Campus® is designed to engage students to be the reminder that could save someone's life. Imagine hundreds of donated bras strung together and paraded across campus held by students...now THAT'S a fun way to share the "feel your boobies" reminder.
Student chairs on each campus gained leadership experience by planning and executing a breast health promotion event. Each chair enlisted a committee of students to help with bra collection & fundraising efforts....AND IT WAS A HUGE SUCCESS! We reached thousands of young students with our message and raised over $7,000 to help expand our educational programming! Top fundraisers on each campus won Feel Your Boobies® swag...which of course is always a big hit!
Apply Now to be in the 2017 Pilot!
Feel Your Boobies® will provide training materials, support, tabling kit, and all the resources you need to host Bras Across Campus®. On your end, to determine if your schools is a good candidate to participate in our National Bras Across Campus® Pilot, you should be able to do the following before the end of the 2016 school year:
- Identify a Bras Across Campus® student chair & faculty/adult advisor before the end of the 2016 school year.
- Participate in a Bras Across Campus® Information Session call with a Feel Your Boobies Representative.
- Anchor a date in October 2017 for a Bras Across Campus® rally.
2017 Bras Across Campus® Application
Why participate? Well that's simple.
There are plenty of good reasons why your school should participate, and here are just a few.
- Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in women under 35.
- Over 70% of women find their own lumps not by formal self-breast exams but by simply "feeling their boobies" (basic breast awareness).
- Women under 40 are not formally screened for breast cancer, so knowing their body is the #1 way to determine if a change occurs.
- Starting the habit of knowing your breasts at a young age, helps ensure that women will continue this life-saving habit as they get older.
- FEEL YOUR BOOBIES® IS THE ONLY NATIONAL NON-PROFIT THAT FOCUSES 100% ON BREAST HEALTH EDUCATION IN WOMEN UNDER 40. Your support allows us to continue our work
- And, perhaps most importantly, our College Outreach Programs has saved lives...read Laura's story below.